Sunday, August 19, 2007

Somebody



I know I said they'd be no more posts written in English, but this one calls for it. I've come to realize that my little silver bug serves well for what I like to call my own little private meditating capsule. I do most of my thinking while I'm driving and listening to music. I tell ya! Great ideas come out of "El Santo". Anyway, that may be a good future post. Today I want to write about MY personal favorite love song. Yes...love song. I may not be in love and I may not have the slightest clue of what L-O-V-E is but this has got to be the closest description I have ever heard.

There are love songs and then there´s this one:

I want somebody to share. Share the rest of my life. Share my innermost thoughts. Know my intimate details. Someone who'll stand by my side and give me support, and in return she'll get my support. She will listen to me when I want to speak about the world we live in and life in general. Though my views may be wrong they may even be perverted, she'll hear me out and won't easily be converted to my way of thinking, in fact she'll often disagree, but at the end of it all, she will understand me.

I want somebody who cares for me passionately, with every thought and with every breath. Someone who'll help me see things in a different light, all the things I detest I will almost like. I don't want to be tied to anyone's strings, I'm carefully trying to stay clear out of those things. But when I'm asleep I want somebody who will put their arms around me and kiss me tenderly. Though things like this make me sick, in a case like this I'll get away with it and in a place like this I'll get away with it.


Somebody
Depeche Mode


That's when it hit me. This song, although one of my all time favorites, constantly repeats WANT. Don't we all? We all want the man/woman of our dreams. We want the perfect relationship, we want the perfect marriage, we want the perfect kids, we want the perfect life. Want, want, want... and just how many times do we stop thinking about what we WANT and start thinking about what we have to offer. I guess what I mean is, what are we doing so that we have something to offer in order to get what we so much claim to WANT. Yes, really? Seldom do we think about becoming the best we can be, but we are quick to demand what we may not be willing to give. Just a thought...

No comments: